Although it is only spring, BlindsOnLine.com wants customers to be prepared for the hot and sunny summer months ahead. That is why they are encouraging customers to check out their selection of wood blinds products. Available in Economy 2” Wood, Premium 2” Wood, 2 ½” Shutter Style, and Premium 1”, BlindsOnLine.com’s wood blinds are made from the finest basswood and add a rustic, yet beautiful, touch to any home. #SpringSavings Continue reading BlindsOnLine.com Encourages Customers to Order Wood Blinds this Spring Season
Window blinds made of bamboo were traditionally in use for centuries in Japan and other parts of Asia. Now these bamboo blinds have become more popular in the rest of the word too.
Why Bamboo blinds?
• Bamboo blinds make the look of your home more natural.
• Come in assortment of colors, number of styles and full of texture.
• Easy to clean.
• Offers good ventilation
• Easy to blend with any décor.
• Offers high quality at a comparatively low cost.
• Requires low maintenance compared to the rest of the other blinds
• Environmental friendly
• Easy to install
Versatile, graceful and durable bamboo window blinds
Bamboo window blinds are simply fun to use because of their versatility. They have a flair and grace of their own and come with different lifting abilities.
How do they catch the eye?
Elegant and stylish as they are, these bamboo window blinds come in different colors and types. They can be used in any room and setting with the same remarkable effect.
Do they add in more extra effects?
Bamboo window blinds are the flavor of contemporary world. They are being used with impunity for decoration in hotels, resorts, offices and events.
Why do you need bamboo blind for your room?
With so much to offer, these bamboo window blinds are a must to give our rooms a sophisticated and chic look.
Make you move into the next level by transforming your living rooms with the domination of bamboo all over and get the jungle look Wood Window Blinds.
In the contemporary world, window blinds are keeping its trend up and high over all other window treatments.
How did window blinds stand out from the crowd, when they had so many competitors?
Blinds have more advantages than the rest of its alternatives. Here are the three most graceful reasons
• Light Control
Let’s find out how to choose window blinds to compliment your room –:
• Firstly, choose the type of blind – it comes in different variety, colours, shapes and sizes.
• Display a calmer tone or choose bright or darker color blinds. Make sure that the color complements the color of the walls and furnishings of the room.
Types of blinds and its features
You can find different types of blinds to select for your rooms. Here is the choice for your pick.
• These blinds are selected for its longevity
• Can be cleaned easily
• The slats are the part of the blind that are metal.
• Available in many colours and thickness
• The slats are wood in this type of blinds
• Drawstrings are used to open and close the blinds
• Can be easily painted by any individual.
• The slats of these blinds are made of cane
• Cane can be made from bamboo which is an environmentally sustainable choice as it grows back quickly
• Vinyl is used in the making of Venetian blinds
• They are cheaper than wood and metal
• They are easy to clean.
Anyone would like to make their rooms look cozy and comfortable! If you are one among them, then choose window blinds! In fact, Blinds without curtains will make the room appear larger. Window blinds can be used in any room of a home, condominium or apartment. They are useful for blocking out the sun and provide insulation in the winter.
Buy quality Window Blinds and Shades from http://www.blindsonline.com at the best prices. When adding charm and style to your home, consider window blinds for their looks and functionality.
Dress your window with the exclusive variety of window treatments. When sprucing up a room to add a little decoration and ambiance, many people will opt for window blinds, which will provide an elegant and aesthetic accent to the room.
When you are on a quest to finding the best window treatment that protects your privacy or shade you from glaring sun,
Will bedazzle curtain beads or eclectic pieces make a creative atmosphere? No. Why? Here is the answer
Addition of window blinds is the best choice to add an elegant and aesthetic accent to the room.
You can find modern varieties of window blinds to complement your room. Here we go for the few of the attractive choices,
• The most attractive – Persian or the Slat Blinds
• The Circulator – Venetian Blinds
• The big screen – Vertical Blinds
• The huge display = Holland Blinds
• The pleasant looking – Pleated Blinds
• The designer – Honeycomb Blinds
Pattern and style of blinds:
Slat Blinds: The most popular one; this variety consists of metallic or vinyl horizontal slats or strips. It can be rotated and are connected with a string.
Venetian blinds: Venetian blinds are usually made of plastic or metal, and sometimes wood. These have horizontal slats that slightly overlap each other. They are hung by tapes or cords, and the slats together rotate.
Vertical Blinds: These blinds are more durable and can withstand strong winds and resist dirt. Generally made of thick plastic, these blinds are used in homes or offices where, the doors are kept open.
Some of other varieties of window blinds include track blind, pleated shade, and roller blinds.
Achieve an elegant atmosphere in your living room with the alternative window dress ups with Blinds. Buy Discount Window Blinds from Blinds Online showcasing collections of window blinds in amazing styles.
A window blind or a shade has many different purposes, from acting as a basic protective device from the sun to enhanced energy efficiency capabilities. Each blind and shade has a design feature that is unique to its own.
Here is a look at the features of the common window coverings used around homes:
• Used basically for purpose of insulation they are a well-known insulated window shades
• Light filtering capabilities vary with each type of shade, choose based on your needs.
• There are many varieties of light-filtering and room-darkening cellular shades. Shades that can stop light to a 100% are also available.
• Cellular shades come in single, double and sometimes triple-celled shades (triple generally won’t be necessary for homes). A double cell can provide better insulation too.
• Low maintenance and improved privacy
• Well suited for wide windows and doors alike
• Note: If you have a choice always go for high quality fabric, the vinyl coating blocks out heat so acts as a climate control enhancer as well
• PVC (Poly Vinyl Chloride) has been used as a window covering fabric only a few years back and it has a large following due to its durability and ease of use. An additional factor is the surface of the fabric is easy to clean and maintain. Smooth white vertical blinds have a somewhat glossy finish which adds to the décor of the window shade.
• As décor and functional window covering especially woven wood shades
• Faux wood blinds may have a blend of vinyl and wood or just vinyl based on the product. For a good looking and well-functioning blind choose woven wood blinds.
Window blinds and shades are a popular option among window coverings. Available in both vertical and horizontal slat types they are made out of different materials like wood, plastic or sometimes light weight and non-corrosive metal. They have proven to be an effective ally in reducing summer heat gain and winter heat loss.
Interior blinds consist of numerous openings between the slats, but they are quite flexible to adjust as per your needs and privacy. Light colored interior blinds are preferred in many homes across the United States as it diffuses the light without much heat or glare.
Tip: Installing blinds and shades have proven to restrict up to 45% of heat gain and loss alike.
Exterior blinds are usually made of wood, steel, aluminum or vinyl. Exterior blinds provide a complete shade if they are lowered and it may allow some air and daylight if you raise them partially. Exterior blinds are generally preferred where the lighting of a room is fixed and not so frequently altered. Fixing the shades facing the warmest side during the cooling season and inward during the heating season is a simple way that can be used to obtain energy efficiency.
Shades act as both insulation and air barrier, and they also control air infiltration more effectively.
A pleated or cellular shade increases the insulation value but it provides only slight control of air infiltration. Roller, solar, roman and woven wooden shades turn out the light and help maintaining natural lightening. Also they are elegant which adds to the ambience.
There can be a lot of reasons why you want to choose a particular type of window blind or shade. The style its efficiency and how best it’s suited to the window you have.
Once you do have an idea of what you may want, you obviously would want to check for a discount on window blinds. Before heading to your nearest home improvement store be sure to check out for ongoing promotions on BlindsOnLine.com to save the extra money.
The following are a few things that can act as a basic checklist before buying window blinds and shades
The basic purpose of a window shade or blind is to limit the light that enters a room. Figure out how much of natural lighting do you require based on the room. If it’s a bedroom you may want to consider darker shades and lighter shades for the living room, while the kitchen can be always bright. The direction in which the house faces is an important point in choosing a blind.
Based on your budget you can moderate preferences, the living room can have large extravagant blinds and smaller blinds for others. Be aware that the materials the blinds are made of have a key role in the price. Special fabrics features can add to the cost.
If you have children or pets, it’s best to have cordless blinds to avoid misshaps.
Everyone has unique taste, decide on what style are you going for be it, the casual or simple white (which in most cases is best) or any specific colors (light or dark shades and patterns) that can complement the wall paper.
Omni-Rise Cord Loop
Omni-Rise Cord Loop is a popular lift system for cellular and pleated window blinds. This system is generally suited for long window shades. You can determine where the shades stop. Even large shades are easy to operate in this system.
Top Down and Bottom Up Shades
These window blinds and shades can be used in either direction for operational ease in either direction of the window. This is a perfect choice for letting light in through the top of the window and covering the lower part of the window.
Motorized Lift Systems
Remote control operated shades eliminate the need to go to a window to adjust the shades. It may not be a great choice for normal size windows in homes.
This is used mainly for the concern of children. This is known as the ‘finger touch shade’ as they can be moved up or down using just a finger.
Cordless Duo-fold Cellular System
They are a versatile cordless system combined with a dual fold system. They can be raised and lowered with just a finger. They also come in energy efficient fabrics and different options to provide a shade that suits you.
Two-on-One Head Rail
This particular rail system allows each shade that is mounted to operate separately. This system is used when the window is big for efficient functioning of other kinds of blinds or simple due to user preference and convenience.
They have two fabrics in the same set-up for blacking out and light control.
Quality window shades for sale at www.blindsonline.com
Cleaning any kind of window blind requires a little care. Window shades made out of materials such as fabric, plastic blended or woven wood shades have to be occasional cleaned as they are near windows and are prone to gather dust particles.
Here are some basic cleaning methods that can be applied for all kind of blinds
- Dust busters can work effectively while cleaning window blinds and shades. Clean the shades across and not from top to bottom.
- In case there is deposition of dirt on the shades (which is common) a simple sponge can be used to wipe the dust off. The sponge can be used on other semi-hard fabrics for dust removal too.
- For dust spot cleaning you may require the assistance of cleaning liquid or water. Take a dry cloth, wet it with minimal amount of cleaner and wipe of the spot gently. Avoid spraying directly on the shades especially if it’s a wooden shade as it may absorb the liquid and cause surface damage in the long term. (Note: Use minimal amount of liquid while cleaning wooden blinds. Avoid soaking them)
- Suitable fabrics can be dry cleaned. While wet cleaning your shades don’t spray them use a hose, a better option will be to dunk them in water.
Wet cleaning steps:
Step 1: Fill a tub with a solution of cleaning agent and water.
Step 2: Immerse the blinds in the tub and let them soak.
Step 3: Use a car wash brush to remove any stains (on both sides)
Step 4: Rinse the blinds and give a rubdown along the surface of the blinds to remove excess water.
Step 5: Dry and reinstall.
Window shades for sale at www.blindsonline.com
Window blinds and shades offer great protection from outdoor climate while at the same time saving your good view and money. In short, they are effective and simply economical. You can find a whole range of window blinds and shades these days made from different materials, designs, and shapes. If you choose to go for good window treatment, whether for light filtering, improved privacy, or for complimentary purposes, here are few advantages to consider:
- Economical – Unbeatable Price: With the right blend of shades and variety, window blinds are far economical when compared to its counterparts like installing new energy efficient windows. You can find discount faux wood blinds and other discount window blinds at affordable prices.
- Energy Efficient: Wood window blinds not only look elegant, but also help save energy considerably as they block the outdoor weather conditions very effectively. Not only are they suitable for room darkening but also help protect against UV rays and give protection against the sun when you opt for special solar shades. It’s almost like sunglasses for your windows.
- Easy to Operate: Today’s window blinds and shades are simple to operate as they come with smooth motion mechanisms whether to lower or raise them effortlessly. Moreover, they are now available in different colors and designs. So options are plenty as you can pick suitable shades that matches your indoor look. This way, they compliment your home decor.
Window blinds are the right choice with an amazing blend of great alternatives in terms of price, quality, and colors. In addition, its installation and maintenance is quite economical and simple, making it a popular choice in the market today. It’s time to reinvent your home with nice looking blinds and shades available with multiple lift options for easy access and desired looks. Embrace the window fashion!