Window treatments not only accentuate the décor of a room, but also help to lower energy bills. They provide insulation against the summer heat and warm the room during the winter chill. But there are some style guidelines to follow to get the right look. Here are some do’s and don’ts to follow;
- When matching curtains and blinds don’t pair print with prints: Prints go well with a solid color background. Pairing prints together makes the place look small and unappealing. Ideally the background color should be in contrast to the print fabric.
- When selecting curtain for nurseries avoid floor length drapes: Children who’re learning to crawl don’t hesitate to explore the room. They’re likely to pull or climb the curtain or even come up with their own creative idea for using them.
- Don’t select treatments that make a room too dark: Victorian style drapes often focus on too many drapes. This may make the place look dark and depressing.
- Do imagine the final appearance before choosing a fabric or style: You can also ask your retailer for samples to see how they look at different times in the day.
- Do measure correctly: Measuring is where most of us seem to go wrong. Use a steel tape to get accurate measurements. Watch our ‘Measuring is Easy’ video in the ‘How to’ section of our website or call us at xx for a detailed explanation.
BlindsOnLine.com is a web based retailer of blinds, curtains and other window treatments. We sell a variety of window treatments including discount faux wood blinds, woven wood shades and insulated wood shades. Contact us for further details on our weekly specials and discounts.