How to Measure Windows for ComforTrack Shades
Never measure an old blind or shade to order a new one- it will not fit.
Always measure the window or door using the instructions for the product.
1) Measure only with a metal tape measure-do not use a yard stick or cloth tape measure.
2) ComforTrack shades can only be mounted inside the window frame. 1 1/2" minimum depth is required (2" for fully recessed).
3) Remember that width is across and length is top to bottom.
4) Double check the color name and number.
5) Review the samples prior to placing your order.
6) Know where you want the placement of the lift cord.
7) The order can not be changed once it is in the production stream.
8) When in doubt, call customer service.
Inside Mount Only: For windows with 1 1/2” or more of depth. For blinds to be completely recessed within the window frame a minimum of 2" is required. If your windows are less than the minimum flush mount depths your shades and side track will project away from the window.
Width- Always use a steel measuring tape. Measure the inside width in three places top, center and bottom. Supply us with the shortest of these three measurements rounded down to the nearest 1/8”. DO NOT DEDUCT from this measurement.
The widest width of the window cannot exceed the narrowest width of the window by more than 1/4".
Height- Measure the inside height in 3 places left, center and right. Supply us with the smallest of these three measurements rounded up to the nearest 1/8”.
Outside Mounting is not possible with Comfortex ComforTrac Cellular Shades