1) Measure only with a metal tape measure-do not use a yard stick or cloth tape measure.
2) Determine whether the skylight shade will be mounted inside or outside the skylight.
3) Remember that width is across and length is top to bottom.
4) Double check the color name and number.
5) Review the samples prior to placing your order.
6) Determine if you would like your shade to stack up or down.
7) The order can not be changed once it is in the production stream.
8) When in doubt, call customer service.
Inside Mount (figure A): For windows with 1 1/8 or more of depth an inside mount is recommended. For blinds to be completely recessed within the window frame a minimum of 2 ½ is required. If your windows are less than the minimum flush mount depths your blinds will project away from the window.
Width- Always use a steel measuring tape. Measure the inside width in three places top, center and bottom. Supply us with the shortest of these three measurements rounded down to the nearest 1/8. DO NOT DEDUCT from this measurement. Factory will deduct ½ from your measurement supplied for clearance.
Height- Measure the inside height in 3 places left, center and right. Supply us with the shortest of these three measurements rounded up to the nearest 1/8. Factory will make no deductions.
Outside Mount (Figure B): For windows with less than 1 1/8 of depth an outside mount is recommended.
Width- Always use a steel measuring tape. Measure the width of the skylight, Add 4 to this measurement for overlap and to allow for a proper mounting surface. If there is not ample space on all four sides of skylight for mounting hardware an inside mount is recommended.
Height- Measure the height from top to bottom in three places. Add 4 to the longest of the three measurements and supply us with that measurement. It our recommendation to mount skylight shades inside the frame whenever possible.