BlindsOnLine Coupon Codes for May
10% Off Skylight Shades"SKY10" exp-5/31
10% Off Woven Wood Blinds "WW10" exp 5/31
Weekly Savings on Select White Blinds & Shades
FREE Top Down-Bottom Up Option on BOL® Cellular Shades
Blinds Horizontal: How to Install and Clean
Blinds horizontal in style, are very easy to install and then to keep clean. All the necessary mounting hardware comes with each blind. Blind heights come in standard sizes and may be longer than the height of your window, if you did not have them custom made. They are easy to cut to the right height since instructions are included. The width of the blind is a critical measurement and must be accurate for your blind to fit properly inside your window frame.
Learn How to Measure and Install Your Horizontal Blinds
Contact Us Toll Free at: 866-811-7727
Install Your Standard or Custom Blinds (Horizontal)
Basic Installation Tools and Supplies That You Will Need:
- Measuring Tape
- Electric Drill
- Drill Bits
- Blind with mounting hardware (included)
Install Horizontal Blinds
- Measure the inside width of your window frame. Measure the inside height of your window frame.
- Install the brackets by first drilling a hole for the screw, then attaching the brackets that come with the supplied hardware by using a screwdriver
- Unpack the blind and slip into the front of the brackets and lock into place.
- Attach the wand and valance to the blind. Lower blind, with cord, until it's even with the inside bottom of your window.
Read What Our Customers Are Saying about Our Products and Service
Check Out Our Great Discounted Specials
You can clean horizontal blinds well enough that dust and grime will not accumulate while keeping the blinds hung, although a thorough cleaning is not possible. This is a much faster option than dismantling that can also save frustration, and even the condition of the blinds themselves.
Basic Cleaning Supplies That You’ll Need:
- Cleaning Solution
- Clean rag or feather duster
Cleaning Horizontal Window Blinds
- Clean wood blinds horizontal with Pledge or any other wood-friendly dusting solution. Spray the cleaning solution directly onto a clean rag or feather duster. Clean metal or steel blinds with warm water and Mr. Clean or any other cleaning solution that will not blanch. Use a clean rag.
- Wipe each horizontal rung gently by squeezing it between your thumb and pointer finger. Keep the tips of your fingers covered with the rag, especially when cleaning a metal or steel blind, as the edges can be sharp and may cause cuts. For metal or steel blinds, make sure that the blinds are wiped dry; dampness can cause rusting on some types of blinds.
BlindsOnLine® Offers Quality Horizontal Blinds in Several Color and Style Choices. Contact Us for All Your Custom Window Treatment Needs.